Garmin Forerunner 630
The Garmin Forerunner 630 is the gadget that every runner is looking to have wrapped around their wrist. With high-end analytical features and a great look to match, it is a watch that most people would love to have not only on their morning jog but also as they run errands during the day. Even though the price might dampen your appetite to get this new shiny piece of gadget, it does have the features and the quality to demand a good portion of the price attached.
As a successor of the FR620 model the newer 630 model features sharper and more customizable features with more factors being analyzed during exercise.
- High-resolution touchscreen for easier display even when running
- Built with runners in mind with advanced running dynamics that provide all the essential data that you will need during your training session.
- Long lasting battery with up to 16 hours of battery life in training mode and up to 28 days in watch mode
- Water proof for up to 50 meters
- Features automatic Garmin connect
- Smart notifications displays alerts when the device is paired with your phone or computer
- Is compatible with a heart rate chest strap
- The backlight is a little dim and can make it cumbersome to view data at times
- While the watch is able to monitor heart rate, it does not have a built-in heart rate monitor
Heart Rate Monitoring
The watch is able to keep track of other activities like the number of steps you take and will also remind you when you remain inactive for too long. The watch is waterproof for up to 50 minutes and can be used to monitor heart rate however, this is limited and the watch has been built to largely support running.
To help you better achieve your goals, this fitness watch will also vibrate when you remain inactive for too long.
In terms of software, the user can also customize and personalize the widgets, apps and data fields which make it much easier for you to view the data that you need easily especially considering the different types of data that the interface is able to display.
Metrics and Analytics
Social Media Sharing
Apps & Widgets
To resolve these problems, there is the Garmin Connect App (v3.0) that has attempted to sort to bring back the competitive edge and bring in among other features available in all smartphone and Windows 10 platforms.
Real Time Data Tracking
While you might not be able to keep an eye on all the aspects that are being measured, it is possible to get representations on the data once the device has been paired with your phone. If you have paired it with a heart rate monitoring device, you will also be able to get up to the second update on the state of your biological ticker.
• Delivers audio prompts for lap times
• Sends customized training plans
• can sync with a smartphone
• measures vertical oscillation and ground contact time
• Smart notifications
• Extended physiological measurements
• Activity tracking capabilities
• Touch screen interface with a split screen
The fitness watch offers comprehensive analytics and with the easy connect and uploading features, you have unlimited access to your recorded data and you can easily track your progress. The screen could use a little more brightness to make it easier to use especially at the height of day time but honestly put, there are very few areas of error that you can be able to pick out from this watch.
Garmin Forerunner 630 offers value for money and is a true partner to anyone that is serious about their fitness and would like to have a gadget that is able to tabulate and record their progress. The additional features like the ability to get your records via email come up with customized training courses and so on are highly welcome in making the most with what technology has to offer.