Polar RS400 is the simple, sleek and stylish athlete heart rate monitor with adorable functions. With its data storing capability, you are now able to save a lot of workouts in one single gadget.
Also you can connect it with your personal computers and laptops by its infra-red transfer option. That will surely help you in getting better analysis of you data. With the heart rate variability feature, now you can get better idea of your cardiac data during exercise. It comes with trainer software of Polar so that you can plan your fitness routines in best possible ways.
This watch is surely designed as a racing companion. That’s why watch has a S1 footpad along with it. So it can measure your pace and average time taken during running. It can measure your speed in km/h and mph. You can also set your target pace to achieve certain milestones of your fitness.
To get yourself warned of your speed limits, you can set alarms of your pace range. It has a trip odometer too. Calories meter is also included in this watch so you can track your weight loss. Running distance can also be calculated along with total mileage. In the end of a week of workout, you can see detailed summaries of your running logs.
Watch has a large display to ensure good visibility on user end. With the “Polar Pro training” software, now you can download recommended fitness plans according to your age, height, sex, weight.
Polar RS400sd Heart Rate Monitor Watch has a time display function of both 12 and 24 hour formats. You can also enjoy simple yet basic options of Stop watch and alarm. Alarm has an additional function of snooze too. Watch is completely water resistant up to 50 meters of depth.
Polar sports zone helps you in tracking your fitness and training intensity. For users feasibility, Polar sports training program is divided into 5 zones. These zones are divided on the basis of your maximum heart rate:
- *Very light (50-60%HRmax)
- *Light (60-70% HRmax)
- *Moderate (70-80%HRmax)
- *Hard (80-90% HRmax)
- *Maximum (90-100% HRmax)
“Polar Own Calorie” feature calculates your burnt calories. It can show you total energy expenditure and the aggregate calories you worked out in a training session. By “Polar Own Zone”, you can determine your safe and estimated HR zone. Then watch automatically sets your zone by getting your physical parameters.
Polar IRD device might create an issue when it connects to your computers. So carefully read out Polar user guide before using Polar RS400. Watch profiling option has longer delete and edit procedures. Some people find it difficult to navigate using wrist unit buttons. [/wptab]
Polar RS400 has been my running mate for over two years now. I like it because it allows me to program my trainings through the software provided. Since we came together, I don’t have to remember the content of my next training, but it does. All the detailed data and plan is contained in the watch, including my race day. In addition, it reminds me to record everything.
The only problem I have witnessed so far is that RS400s do not coexist; they interfere with each others performance. It happened to me once, when I was training with a friend who had a similar model. Our monitors became crazy and the pace information was wayward.
Generally, the sports watch is the best I’ve ever had. I used it for my swimming sessions but I also know it can be used for running and cycling exercises.
From the moment I got it out of the box, Polar RS400 has never seized to amaze me. It performs beyond my expectation, and I love the fact that I programme it to suit my personal goals. In fact, I’ve also customized with my personal information. Once I’ve laced the foot pod around my shoestrings and the chest strap on my chest, I take off for my morning and evening runs. And everything begun working out right the very time I started using it.
The software is user-friendly, very easy to install and navigate through. I log in my goals and whatever information I want the watch to tell me. It even draws simple chats and graphs using the basic information about a particular session. Sometimes I easily get overwhelmed with its functionalities, may be I have not fully exploited them. Generally, what I like about Polar RS400 includes ability to replace my own batteries, the comfortable heart rate strap, the button set up and the visibility of the data.
The only thing that it is not doing so well is comfort around my wrist. Perhaps with time I’m going to feel better, but as for now it is not as I would want it to be. It also worth noting that my foot pod did not pick up immediately, but after four short runs everything was fine.
I’ve have been a big fan of Polar and RS400 adds my count of the monitors to four. I love its electronic component, the software and its ease of use. However, its craftsmanship is pretty disappointing. I once used S610i and it was battle proven, durable and lasted ages. Its glass was scratch proof, its case was compact and water never penetrated it with ease. So when I bought my fourth monitor I thought it would be as perfect this was. So I guess you now understand my disappointment.
What made me buy the RS400 is its new design. Polar has been shifting their production to a line similar to RS series. Another reason, and a strong one, was the fact that its transmitter belt operated in two frequencies. This enables me to read my heart rate while in many gyms without interference. Its software too is a good catch.
I take issues with how the watch is built. Its red button is sometimes not responsive. Its glass also is not as tough or withstands scratches as that of S610i. The watch is sensitive to water and even in shallow pool, there signs of water infiltration –evaporation on top of the glass. The glass may be replaceable but it is very expensive, an Israeli agent told me it would cost slightly over $100.Polar RS400sd Heart Rate Monitor Watch
The Polar RS400 scores below the benchmark set by my beloved, S610i. Regrettably Polar no longer produces its earlier models and it is hence difficult to find them in the market. I just hope it will listen to customer complains and go back to their earlier durable models.
- Manual target zone – bpm / %
- HRmax (user set)
- HRmax (age-based)
- HRmax (Polar Fitness test-based)
- Polar Fitness Test
- Polar OwnCode® (5kHz) – coded transmission
- Polar OwnCal® – calorie expenditure
- HR-based target zones with visual and audible alarm
- Average and maximum heart rate of each lap
- Automatic age-based target zone – bpm / %
- Average, minimum and maximum heart rate of training
- Heart rate – bpm / %
- Polar OwnOptimizer – personal training status
- Polar sport zones
- Polar OwnZone® – personal heart rate zone
- Compatible with PC via IrDA USB Adapter
- Compatible with Polar ProTrainer 5 software via IrDA USB Adapter
- Compatible with polarpersonaltrainer.com via IrDA USB Adapter
Polar ProTrainer 5 features
- Training diary
- Training computer settings
- Advanced training analyzing
- Training Load
- Training diary
- Training programs
- Advanced training analyzing
- Adjustable recording rate – 1s, 5s, 15s, 60s
- Memory left indication
- Training files (with summaries) – 99
- Weekly history
- Interval trainer guided workouts – heart rate / pace / distance
- Number of laps – 99
- HeartTouch – button-free operation of wrist unit
- Graphical target zone indicator
- Automatic lap recording
- Display zoom
- Time and distance based interval timers
- User configurable displays – all lines
- Date and weekday indicator
- Display text in English, German, French, and Spanish
- Dual time zone
- Button Lock
- Low battery indicator
- Time of day (12/24h) with alarm and snooze
- User replaceable battery
- Water resistant – 50m
S1 footpod features
- Speed/Pace-based target zones with visual and audible alarm
- Speed/Pace – current, average and maximum
- Distance – training, lap, and total
- Shoe selection – settings for two shoes
- Running Index
- Wrist-style heart rate monitor and stopwatch geared for active endurance athletes
- With included S1 footpad, take advantage of the RS400’s Speed and Distance functions
- One of the largest displays in the industry and a fully user-configurable exercise view
- Includes Polar Protrainer 5 training, planning and analyzing software
- Dual time zone, alarm with snooze, and water resistance to 50 meters