Polar RS300 X
The Polar RS300X heart rate monitor watch is a multi-sport training computer and heart rate sensor. It allows athletes to monitor, control and track their heart rates, length and speed of the workout, and a calorie meter. The Polar RS300X Heart Rate Monitor Watch also tracks the calories burned and training intensity guide. It’s an accurate watch built for those that want a user-friendly experience. Designed and released in 2009 by Polar, it’s compatible with two available sensor expansions. Those being the S1 Footpod Sensor and the G1 GPS Sensor. With a display screen that features easy to use menu functions, it’s the perfect watch for new and continuing Polar users.
- Big and easy to see display
- View real-time training information
- Polar OwnZone feature that helps avoid over-training and under-training
- Data saved from up to 16 training sessions.
- Ability to transfer data to a PC or Mac via Polar FlowLink.
- View information from the add-ons (G1 GPS Sensor and S1 Footpod) on the training computer.
- Occasionally the transmitter fails to connect or seems faulty.
- Accessing all the features can be difficult if you are not tech savvy.
- Add-ons can make the heart rate monitor slow.
Size / Weight
Heart Rate Monitoring
Data Transfer / Recording
You can also do interval trainer guided workouts that are based on your heart rate, distance and pace as well as attain guidance through the training sessions.
The display text can be set to English, Spanish, French, and German. It also works on a dual time zone and a 12 hour or 24-hour time set with an alarm (+ snooze) button.
Compatible Activity Apps
Another compatible app is the Polar OwnZoneÒ that helps the user avoid under-training and over-training. This is done with the real-time feedback provided to the users about their current state (or lack) of readiness. The data can depend on the time and day, stress levels, tiredness or not fully recovered from previous sessions.
Polar OwnIndex Fitness Test can calculate your aerobic fitness and provide a reference to the training intensity and how to measure any improvement.
Polar OwnCal shows the energy spent for each exercise session. This program accurately calculates the number of calories you burn per session. The calculation will be based on your height, weight, gender, age, and workout intensities.
Metrics & Analytics
The watch allows for automatic lap recordings based on a pre-set distance as well as graph your current intensity zone during your training session.
Real Time Data Tracking
The Polar OwnCode is a coded heart rate transmission that transmits your heart rate to the training computer. The training computer will only pick up the heart rate that is emitted from your transmitter.
The Polar Fitness Test can measure your resting aerobic fitness in about five minutes. The result comes through Polar OwnIndexÒ which evaluates your maximal oxygen uptake (VO2max). The test is based upon your heart rate and its variability as well as any additional personal information that is provided.
Key Features of the RS300 X
• Customizable display – user can pick three training parameters to see in real time.
• Polar Fitness Test allows users to create a benchmark to test their progress throughout their workouts.
• Target heart rate zones, including audible and visual alarms for safety.
• Display calories burned (Polar OwnCalÒ).
• Manual target zone setting
• Adjustable maximum heart rate indicator set by the user.
• Automatic heart rate indicator set based on your age.
• Heart rate variability (Polar OwnZoneÒ) that can determine the recommended intensity of training.
This device also comes with an option to purchase the GPS and FootPod add-ons, making the watch have an ever expanding list of features. The Polar RS300X Heart Rate Monitor Watch is also compatible with the Polar RC3 GPS, which has several built-in features, including distance, speed, and route tracking.
If you’re looking for an affordable but quality heart rate monitor – Polar RS300X Heart Rate Monitor Watch is the perfect choice for you. The basic model is enough for most people, especially if they do not want a GPS included. Overall, this product has everything that a user could need to track their progress, no matter what sport they choose to partake in.